We will take good care of your data – it’s for our use only – we don’t like sharing.
We do our best to make information clear and transparent. If it’s not – please tell us!
You can opt out any time you like.
We will delete your data if you don’t want us to keep it
PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
At The New Craftsmen, we take protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors very seriously. If you have any questions about how we Protect Your Privacy, drop us a line at email@example.com
For all our services, the data controller — the company that’s responsible for your privacy— is The New Craftmaker Limited
How we use your information
We use your information in a number of different ways — what we do depends on the information:
- We can only despatch goods purchased if we have your delivery address. For this we need your contact details.
- We like to keep you informed of when your order is on its way or if there are any delays
- We only send information by email, or post, about our products, services and events with your permission – you need to opt-in (please link to email sign up) for us to contact you in this way
- To prevent and detect fraud against either you or us – unfortunate, but absolutely essential
- Sometimes we may show you adverts from The New Craftsmen as your browse the web so you can see our latest products and deals
- We believe that the better we can tailor our offer to you, the more meaningful it becomes
Information about your phone or laptop and how you use our website
Information you give us when you browse our site, including your IP address and device type. We do this to:
- Improve our website and set default options for you (such as language and currency)This is to give you the best possible shopping experience
- Run a survey, competition or promotion. We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you — if we can’t use your entry, you can’t possibly win.
- We may occasionally anonymise and aggregate personal information (so that it does not identify you) and use it for purposes including, research, data analysis, improving our site and developing new products and services. We may also need to share this information with third parties who are helping us develop new products and services.
Sharing your information
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order do that. However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as our makers, payment service providers, packers, and delivery companies
- Professional service providers, such as website hosts, who help us run our business
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
- We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
If you have said we can, we’ll send you marketing messages by email to keep you aware of new products, events and new makers.
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time.
You can do this:
- Through your account settings
- By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email
- By contacting us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages.Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications (such as order updates)
Keeping your information
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Care team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this notice!)
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us at email@example.com
Changes to how we Protect Your Privacy
We may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data.
If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on The New Craftsmen website, or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use The New Craftsmen.
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Personalise our site to you to help you get what you need faster
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below:
MORE ABOUT OUR COOKIES
Our own cookies
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search settings
- Remembering if you have accepted our terms and conditions
- Showing you which pages you have recently visited
- Tailoring content to your needs
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party functions
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily “Like” or share our content on Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Visitor Statistics Cookies
Cookies are widely used in online advertising. Neither us, advertisers or our advertising partners can gain personally identifiable information from these cookies.
You can learn more about online advertising at http://www.youronlinechoices.com . You can opt-out of almost all advertising cookies at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices although we would prefer that you didn't as ultimately adverts help keep much of the internet free. It is also worth noting that opting out of advertising cookies will not mean you won’t see adverts, just simply that they won’t be tailored to you any longer.
You may notice that sometimes after visiting a site you see increased numbers of adverts from the site you visited. This is because advertisers, including ourselves pay for these adverts. The technology to do this is made possible by cookies and as such we may place a so called remarketing cookie during your visit. We use these adverts to offer special offers etc to encourage you to come back to our site. Don’t worry we are unable to proactively reach out to you as the whole process is entirely anonymised. You can opt out of these cookies at anytime as explained above.
We have a number of partners who promote our service on a success-only basis (i.e. instead of paying for advertising, we pay them commissions on sales). Cookies are required to allow us to reward these partners and these cookies are usually provided by specialist companies (known as affiliate networks). Neither us, the networks, or the partner advertising or recommending our services are able to identify you personally. We ask you to support us by allowing these cookies which ultimately help us to offer you the service we do at the price we do. Our affiliate cookies are provided by:
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our’s and a large proportion of the world’s websites, as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
How to contact us if you:
- Have any questions or feedback about this notice
- Would like us to stop using your information
- Want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, or have a complaint
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org